Intercom integrates with Zendesk to provide live data on your users, ensuring your whole team has the right information about who your users are to provide excellent support.
How to Install
To install the Intercom for Zendesk App:
- First, log in to your Zendesk account and navigate to the Apps Directory.
- Search for 'Intercom' and click on the Install button.
- Once the Intercom application is installed, enter your App ID and API Key. These can be found in your integration setting in Intercom here (You'll need an API Key with read & write access!)
To install the 'Forward to Zendesk' option in Intercom (only available on Pro plans):
- Open Intercom and select your integration settings in the top right settings menu
- Select Zendesk Integration
- Add your Zendesk email address, API key and Zendesk app name
- Your Zendesk credentials and API key can be found in the Zendesk Admin home (clicking on the cog on the bottom left of the Zendesk app) and navigating to "Channels".
The Intercom for Zendesk app lets you see valuable user information from Intercom in your Zendesk Ticket window. This allows everyone in your company to know who they are talking to. You can easily select what information from Intercom you want to see, and add tags to your users' Intercom profile right in Zendesk to ensure you're teammates are kept informed.
You can also turn an Intercom conversation into a new ticket in Zendesk right from your Intercom inbox. This allows your team using Intercom to easily get support from their teammates using Zendesk and seamlessly forward the conversation for assistance. This integration is only available to customers on the Learn or Support Pro products or our Acquire product.
If you have other products you would like to see integrated please send us a note at email@example.com. You can learn more about all existing Intercom integrations and importers here.