You are probably reading this article because you have just received your first order and wondering what to do next.
To fulfil your order in your SupaDupa admin is easy.
Let's first cover the basics to understand what has happened for your order to appear in your admin:
- Your customer placed their items in their basket and proceeded to your checkout where they entered their billing and delivery details.
- From there, they went on to PayPal to make payment by either Credit Card or using their PayPal account.
- They would have then received an email confirming the items they purchased on your store and you should have received the same confirmation email.
- Their order now appears in your orders list in chronological order.
You must now fulfil the order which means carrying out the necessary steps to complete the order.
This includes packing the goods up with a dispatch note and invoice receipt and mailing it off to the customer's shipping address.
This article explains how to use the order fulfilment feature to do just that.
Let's get on with fulfilling the order:
Log in to your SupaDupa and click on the ORDERS tab.
If you have new orders to fulfil the orders tab shows a red square with the number of new orders you have pending.
In this example, we can see that there are 3 new orders to fulfil.
The orders list gives you a quick overview of the buyers name, country it was bought from, the number of items purchased, the order value and its current status.
Click on the order you wish to fulfil.
This will take you into the order details screen where you can see the full order details.
On the right of the screen you can see:
- The items purchased
- Their quantity and total amount paid for the order including tax (if applicable)
- Pre-calculated shipping costs to deliver the items to their delivery address
On the left column you can see:
- Order status - this can be New, Part Fulfilled, Complete or pending payment (+ the reason it is pending)
- Shipping method applied to the order
- Shipping destination - which includes the customer's full address
- Billing address
- Customer's Personal details including the email address, their telephone number and whether or not they have opted to subscribe to your mailing list
- Order notes - this is where you can keep various notes about this order e.g. "Contacted customer with substituted goods"
- 'Printables' section - this is where you can click to print off additional copies of the Packing Slip or Invoices
- A log of the order history
To fulfil an item/s use the quantity drop down for the item you wish to fulfil and select the number of items you will be dispatching.
SupaDupa allows you to part fulfil an order. This means that you can choose to dispatch just some of the items within an order and leave the remaining items to be dispatched at another time.
When you have selected the number of items to fulfil from your drop down menu, (represented by point (.a) in the screenshot below) then click the green Pack & ship button located at the top of the items panel (represent by point (.b) in the screenshot below)
As soon as you have clicked to fulfil, an automated email confirming that the respective items have been dispatched will automatically be sent to the customer's email address.
By now, an automated email confirming that the respective items have been dispatched is sent to the customer's email address.
This is confirmed with a Packing Slip as follows which can also be printed out to be included in the package which you will send to the customer.
Click the PRINT button and select the number of copies you wish to print.
Printing the packing slip to include in your package looks like this:
For best printing results you should make sure your printing preferences are set to leave the headers and footers of the page blank.
This will give you a clean looking page as above.
Depending on the browser and platform you are using, your printing prefs should look something like this:
You can also print an Order INVOICE receipt to be included with your package by clicking on the INVOICE button
Click the PRINT button to print off the invoice.
Your order will now be marked as either FULFILLED or PART FULFILLED depending on whether or not there are items remaining in the order.
To return to the order list click on the ORDERS tab.
Orders can be returned to at any time by clicking on the corresponding order number row in the main order list.