Teams are a great way for multiple Teams in your company to work together in Intercom. Each Team you create has its own inbox, so you can assign conversations to the Team instead of just a single person.
Here are a few examples of how you might want to use Teams:
- Assign pricing related conversations to the sales Team
- Bonjour! Assign conversations in French to native speakers
- Request for event sponsorship? Pass along the conversation to your marketing Team
Setting up Teams
You can set up a Team by clicking on the arrow beside ‘All’ in the inbox, or in your settings here. When you create a Team it is given an emoji avatar. The avatar can be changed to something that best represents your Team. It is internal only, which means your users will never see it. When you add people to a Team, an email notification is sent to let them know they are a member of a new Conversations Inbox.
Once you set up a Team, you can view the Team in the inbox and see any conversations assigned to the Team. To the right of the Team inbox, you will see the inboxes of the members of that Team. If you have multiple Teams set up, you can switch between them like this:
Using Teams in Intercom
There are three main ways Teams can improve your workflow:
- When you are assigning a conversation, you can assign it to a Team instead of an individual. Teams are listed at the end of the list of assignees throughout Intercom. Assigning a conversation to a Team will send it to that Team's inbox, where a member of the Team can pick it up and respond to the user.
- When you are sending a message, you can assign replies to a Team. This means that you could assign replies from product announcements to your Marketing Team, or replies from onboarding messages to your Customer Success Team.
- If you are on our Support Pro package, you can use Assignment Rules to assign incoming messages to a Team. This allows you to assign billing queries to the Sales Team, high paying users to a VIP Support Team, or Spanish speakers to the Spanish Support Team.
If you have notifications turned on for conversations assigned to you, then you will now receive a notification if a conversation is assigned to a Team you are a member of.